[mrtg] Re: Why does it work as a gauge but not a rate?

Stieers, Ken KStieers at DainRauscher.com
Thu Jul 27 14:50:27 MEST 2000

By default MRTG does the following calculation and graphs it:

(new reading - old reading)/time elapsed

New reading/time elapsed

Your results tell me that the difference between the old reading and the new
reading are very small, so the division by 300 (seconds in 5 min) comes out
less than 1.  Since MRTG only does integers, you get 0.  You might want to
look at the Perminute or Perhour options.

HTH,

Ken