[mrtg] Show me the minimum

Pete Templin templin at urdirect.net
Mon Jul 31 03:56:56 MEST 2000

OK, so I get MRTG happily monitoring my APC UPS via SNMP (a few more
acronyms, please?).  On one of my graphs, I'm tracking the min and max
incoming AC line voltage, so I can see how "wild" our power feed is.  MRTG
does a wonderful job of charting all of this information.

However, it happily wants to show me the peak of each OID that it
monitors.  In the case of minimum AC voltage, I'd rather know the trough
(low peak) over time.  Is there any way to do this?

See http://noc.urdirect.net/mrtg/ups/ups1-noc2.2.html for what I'm talking
about.  The "Max Max Voltage" is a good thing, but the "Max Min Voltage"
isn't my desired result; "Min Min Voltage" would be.

Any clues?  Time to migrate to RRDTool, or some other piece?

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr., CCNA, CCDA
VP Networking

On-Line Internet Services - URDirect.net
A division of Global On-Line Computers
5606 Randolph Blvd		templin at urdirect.net
San Antonio, TX 78233		(210)692-9911