[mrtg] Re: Bad file descriptor

Sean Kelly smkelly at creighton.edu
Thu Jul 27 17:59:46 MEST 2000

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 05:39:25PM +0200, jaromir_mindl at cz.ibm.com wrote:

> Is anyone there has a idea? I have following problem. I still got a erroro
> message when I start a script.
>
> SMNP Error:
> close: Bad file descriptor
> SNMPv1_Session <remote host: "xx.xx.xx.xx" [xx.xx.xx.xx].161
>                   community: COMMUNITY
>                  request ID: 1792435239
>                 PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
>                     timeout: 2s
>                     retries: 5
>                     backoff: 1>

I also get this error when using both MRTG 2.8.12 and the new beta 2.9.0beta6a
versions.  I do not get the error when a single configuration file only has
targets for a single host, but if one configuration file includes several
hosts, I get errors for all the hosts like the one you have above.  I'm not
quite sure what causes it, but I've never had this happen before when I ran
MRTG on FreeBSD and Linux.  The only difference here is the setup is on
Windows 2000, something I"ve never done before.  I'd appreciate any help anyone
could offer.