[mrtg] Question about cfgmaker and Netware NICs

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Fri Jul 28 18:16:27 MEST 2000

Hi all,

When I run cfgmaker against most of my Netware 5.x machines, I get 4 subinterfaces.  On all machines, I have two Network Adapters, so I would expect 2 responses.  I'm not sure why it get's repeated.  When I generate the graphs, I get two matching pair.  Anyone ever dealt with this issue before?  The one set of identical graphs is obviously for the traffic the card is handling, but I am unsure of what the other set is.  Just wondering.

A strange thing happened this morning to prompt me to ask this question.  Our network server person just put a new Netware server on the network, and it responds with 3 subinterfaces.  If someone knows the answer to the question above, this may help me to identify this problem.

TIA!

Paul