[mrtg] Re: Eliminating Max IN & Max OUT......Again ???

Matt Luebke mluebke at resourcenetworks.com
Fri Jul 28 22:25:58 MEST 2000

The problem you may be having is that you may not be waiting long enough for
the graphs to actually update. When you make a change to how the graph is
displayed (i.e. removing the max lines) you have to wait for the graph to
update itself before the changes actually happen. So for example, the yearly
graph is only updated once a day, so if you change it you have to wait 24
hours for the update to actually show on the graph. Monthly is 2 hours,
weekly 30 minutes.

The WithPeak command works as follows, you turn on the max lines by putting
a y, m, or w for graphs you want to display the max, and leave them off for
those that you do not want to display. Sounds like what you want is:

WithPeak[xxx]: y

And remember you will have to wait 30 minutes for the weekly graph and 2
hours for the monthly. Or more precisely, 30 minutes (and 2 hours) from when
they were last updated.

hth,

--
Matt Luebke