[mrtg] Large installations of customer facing stats ?

Kevin Gannon kevin at gannons.net
Mon Jun 5 19:43:52 MEST 2000

We are currently collectin stats for 6000 odd interfaces mainly for our NOC
staff.
I would like peoples comments on what they are doing to give these stats to
end
customers and anything novel that you are doing.

I am particular interested in anyone doing :

1.Backing the 5min stats back into a database engine and creating reports
using
  something like crystal reports .

2.Thresholding and reporting.

3.Fault management , ie taking the errors such as timeouts and presetning
them in
  html or something more freindly.

4. Performance tunning for large numbers of collections.

5. Creating web frontends for adding devices to the configs.

Thanks & Regards,
Kevin