[mrtg] Re: Alguien que hable castellano me puede ayudar? - translated, please read

Eugene Kanter eugene at blackcatlinux.com
Fri Jun 9 15:16:06 MEST 2000

My first attemtp was refused by list because of "overquote".

Quck abstract of the Spanish message:
----
There is an (apparenty stock) Red Hat 6.2 acting as an ISDN router. An
attempt to run cfgmaker returns errors, one of them is quoted below. The
person is asking for help.
---- End of translation.

Now, from my personal experience ucd-snmpd which comes with Red Hat 6.2
is not mrtg ready out the box. I have seen exactly the same errors. Does
anyone know how ucd-snmpd / mrtg pair should be configured to work
together? I have been using cmu-snmpd before and have not had any
problems. Default configuration was fine.

Regarding ucd-snmp on Red Hat I discovered that default timeouts are not
sufficient because ucd-snmpd is looking in rpm database which takes
considerable time, at least first request, but this is an easy fix which
still does not uncover "noSuchName" error listed below.

Again, if anyone know or has an example of ucd-snmpd with mrtg
configuration for Red Hat 6.2 please let the list know.

Thanks!

Eugene.

SNMP Error:
Received SNMP response with error code
  error status: noSuchName
  index 5 (OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1.0)
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "127.0.0.1" [127.0.0.1].161
                  community: "public"
                 request ID: 1606507842
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
SNMPGET Problem for sysDescr sysContact sysName sysLocation ifNumber
sysObjectID on public at 127.0.0.1