[mrtg] Re: monitoring performance

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Fri Jun 9 15:22:40 MEST 2000

Do the basics ...just run perl cfgmaker public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > device.cfg to begin...then play around with it.  Check out the cisco site for the available items to monitor (OIDs or MIBs) - things like temp and cpu utilization are easily graphed, but RTFM to get a feel for what MRTG can report on.  Your question is something like,  "I just killed this elephant, now how do I eat it?"   One bite at a time...

Paul Williamson
Manager of EMS
M&T Bank Corporation

>>> "Rogier Pelzer" <rp at kerridge.com> 06/09/00 05:46PM >>>

Hi,
this may be a stupid question for some people, but you never know...

I want to monitor my network perfomance on cisco routers.
What are things i need to pay attention to, and what do i need to graph with MRTG ?

Hope you can help me....

Rogier