[mrtg] Re: why why why?

Jimmy Stewpot xtc at elsker.com
Thu Jun 15 09:01:29 MEST 2000

Marc-Adrian
I had a similar style of problem a while back, and i checked my rules (firewall) at both ends and that was fine etc. and what it ended up being was the fact that the box for some reason was not closing the sockets correctly. Thus causing heaps of problems and it would take around 5-10mins to close the sockets. It was a very strange problem. i dont know if other people are experiencing the same thing/experienced the same problem.
 Also make sure that the box isnt REALLY REALLY loaded up around the times that your sending/recieving requests as that has often also caused the same problem
thankyou
Jimmy Stewpot