[mrtg] ISP cheating...

Fernando Medina fmedina at nic.pibnet.com
Mon Jun 19 20:11:08 MEST 2000

Our ISP uses MRTG to monitor our traffic on our link.  We also use MRTG
so we monitor out local serial port and they monitor their own serial
port.  We have access to their graphs and we are seeing a big
discrepancy in traffic.  After trying to figure it out, I notice that
they are updating their graph every 2 minutes, but they still say 5
minute average on the page.  If tehy simply changed their cron job to
run every 2 mintues instead of every 5 and did not change the actual
MRTG program itself it would show more traffic than there actually is,
wouldn't it?  We are on a test basis with thsi provider and I get the
feeling he is trying to screw us... thanks,