[mrtg] Problems with Thresholds

Luca Perticati lperticati at matrix.it
Tue Jun 20 11:40:53 MEST 2000

Hi everyone,
I'm using MRTG 2.8.11 on Red Hat Linux 6.2. Everything is OK except the
threshold configuration.
The problem is that the third parameter (the current value) is always zero,
even if it's correctly stored into the log files.
In the directory I chose to store the past activity, I can see a file, but
it's empty.
My configuration file is something like this:

WorkDir: /mydir
ThreshDir: /mydir/threshold
IconDir: /mydir/icons
Refresh: 300
Interval: 5
WriteExpires: Yes

Target[myrouter.if1]: 1:community at myrouter
Directory[myrouter.if1]: myrouter
AbsMax[myrouter.if1]: 2048000
MaxBytes[myrouter.if1]: 256000
Unscaled[myrouter.if1]: dwmy
Options[myrouter.if1]: growright, bits
ShortLegend[myrouter.if1]: bps
Title[myrouter.if1]: myrouter: IF 1
PageTop[myrouter.if1]: <H1>Traffic Analysis for IF 1 on myrouter</H1>
ThreshMinO[myrouter.if1]: 100
ThreshMaxO[myrouter.if1]: 128000
ThreshProgO[myrouter.if1]: /mydir/mrtg-alert.sh
ThreshProgOKO[myrouter.if1]: /mydir/mrtg-ok.sh

The two scripts (mrtg-alert.sh and mrtg-ok.sh) simply mail the three
parameters (target name and threshold values are OK, but not current value).

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Bye,
Luca.