[mrtg] Re: Cisco Router 7206

Kruepke lister at kruepke.com
Tue Jun 20 17:05:15 MEST 2000

I haven't used it with ATM before, but I have with Frame Relay, and there is one gotcha, unless someone knows a way around it.

With MRTG you can just monitor the traffic on interfaces.  I don't think you can monitor a particular PVC (I could be wrong).  So if you have multiple PVCs accessed via one interface, I don't think you can do it.  You can use subinterfaces, one per PVC, and monitor those subinterfaces.  This will give you the traffic for each PVC.

I'm guessing it would work the same for ATM as for Frame Relay.

Keith