[mrtg] Re: Cisco Router 7206

Tim Kennedy tkennedy at yellowbrix.com
Thu Jun 29 22:26:12 MEST 2000

It all depends on your IOS version.  I wrote a cfg-maker-sub that
would proberly build MRTG config files for routers that used ATM or FR PVCs.

you can find it at http://www.sugarat.net/software/cfgmaker_sub.tar.gz

it's probably a little dated by now, but you could surely modify it pretty
easily.

-Tim

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Kruepke wrote:

> I haven't used it with ATM before, but I have with Frame Relay, and there is one gotcha, unless someone knows a way around it.
>
> With MRTG you can just monitor the traffic on interfaces.  I don't think you can monitor a particular PVC (I could be wrong).  So if you have multiple PVCs accessed via one interface, I don't think you can do it.  You can use subinterfaces, one per PVC, and monitor those subinterfaces.  This will give you the traffic for each PVC.
>
> I'm guessing it would work the same for ATM as for Frame Relay.
>
> Keith

Timothy Kennedy
Network Engineer
YellowBrix, Inc.