[mrtg] Re: Ascend/Lucent HELP!!!

routh at us.ibm.com routh at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 22 15:45:17 MEST 2000

You never stated what software........this is from the Ascend ftp site
.....note software releases and what they support.

-- $Id: watchdog.mib,v 1.3.6.1 1999/09/13 13:16:55 spalding Exp $
--
-- The Watchdog Management Information Base
--

ASCEND-WATCHDOG-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

    IMPORTS
            slots
                FROM ASCEND-MIB
            TimeTicks
                FROM RFC1155-SMI
            DisplayString
                FROM RFC1213-MIB
            OBJECT-TYPE
                FROM RFC-1212;

    watchdog    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { slots 7 }

    watchdogCount OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  INTEGER
        ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "The number of entries in the watchdogTable"
        ::= { watchdog 1 }

    watchdogTable OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  SEQUENCE OF WatchdogEntry
        ACCESS  not-accessible
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "The watchdog table"
        ::= { watchdog 2 }

    watchdogTrapState OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  INTEGER {
            enabled(1),
            disabled(2) }
        ACCESS  read-write
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
           "This variable  indicates  whether  the  system
            produces the watchdogWarningTrap trap."
        DEFVAL { disabled }
        ::= { watchdog 3 }

    watchdogEntry OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  WatchdogEntry
        ACCESS  not-accessible
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "An entry in the watchdog table"
        INDEX  { watchdogIndex }
        ::= { watchdogTable 1 }

    WatchdogEntry ::=
        SEQUENCE {
            watchdogIndex
                INTEGER,
            watchdogName
                DisplayString,
            watchdogID
                INTEGER,
            watchdogState
                INTEGER,
            watchdogReading
                INTEGER,
            watchdogLastViolation
                TimeTicks
        }

    watchdogIndex OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  INTEGER
        ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "The index of the watchdog entry."
       ::= { watchdogEntry 1 }

--
-- The thermal watchdogs are positioned as follows:
--

    watchdogName OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  DisplayString

    watchdogID OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  INTEGER {
            other(1),
            thermal(2),
            fan(3)
        }
        ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "The watchdog's private ID. This defines what type of
             watchdog relates to this entry."
       ::= { watchdogEntry 3 }

    watchdogState OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  INTEGER {
            other(1),
            operational(2),
            failed(3)
        }
        ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "The state of the watchdog"
        ::= { watchdogEntry 4 }

-- A high temperature watermark of 75 degrees (and hysterisous watermark
-- also of 75 degrees to allow immediate recovery) is configured with
-- a tolerance of 4 violations before a warning is triggered.
--

    watchdogReading OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  INTEGER

    watchdogLastViolation OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  TimeTicks
        ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "The value of sysUpTime at the time the last watchdog
             violation occured (last violation trap sent)."
        ::= { watchdogEntry 6 }

END

If I can clarify this for anyone please respond and I will gladly review
this.

Mit Freundlichen Grüssen/Kind Regards/Met Vreundlijke Groet,
Richard Routh
ABS -  Network Capacity, Performance and Tuning

Vox: 863-965-7773
Fax: 209-882-9276
Email:  rrouth at att.com

QUIDQUID LATINE DICTUM SIT, PROFUNDUM VIDITUR
  (Whatever is said in Latin appears profound)     -Rob Tanner

---------------------- Forwarded by Richard Routh/Tampa/IBM on 06/22/2000

Steve Rothanburg <srothan at soc.lib.md.us>@list.ee.ethz.ch on 06/22/2000
08:50:28 AM

Sent by:  mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch