[mrtg] Re: Errors

Peck, Steven speck at pandesic.com
Fri Jun 23 17:54:19 MEST 2000

Joseph,

You will either need to:

add 'C:\Program Files\mrtg-2.8.12\run' to your path statement.
[Right click on My Computer and select Properties/Advanced/Environment
Variables] Choose Path in the System Variables section, edit button and add
the path to mrtg run directory. [Need admin rights etc.]

- or -

Use the full path name in your statement at the cmd prompt,  ie.
C:\Program Files\mrtg-2.8.12\run>perl C:\Program Files\mrtg-2.8.12\run\mrtg
C:\Program Files\mrtg-2.8.12\run\mrtg.cfg
(This assumes that perl is in your path statement)

As that's a real pain when testing, I just add it to the path statement.
When I use the batch file I use full pathnames for everything to be safe.

I used Win2K while testing my cfg files and did not need SFU, currently it
is happily plugging away on a WinNT4/IIS4 box.

Enjoy,
Steven