[mrtg] How do I graph a specific snmp variable?

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Mon Jun 26 23:14:33 MEST 2000

Hi all,

I'm now branching out from the world of routers into disk space monitoring, and am pretty sure MRTG can do it.  If I know the snmp var I want to monitor (host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageSize.1), how do I run the cfgmaker script with this variable to generate the cfg file?  I've looked in all the usual places (archives, manual, FAQ) and can't figure out how to do this.  Anyone have ideas?  I tried the following and when I run the script, I get the error message that follows the script.

Target[10.18.1.3]: host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageSize.1&host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageUsed.1:public at 10.18.1.3
WithPeak[10.18.1.3]: wmy
YLegend[10.18.1.3]: Disk Utilization
ShortLegend[10.18.1.3]: %
MaxBytes1[10.18.1.3]: 40000
MaxBytes2[10.18.1.3]: 40000
Options[10.18.1.3]: nopercent, gauge
Unscaled[10.18.1.3]: dwmy
Title[10.18.1.3]: Backup server
Colours[10.18.1.3]: GREEN#00eb0c,BLUE#1000ff,BLUE#1000ff,VIOLET#ff00ff
Legend1[10.18.1.3]: Disk Utilization
PageTop[10.18.1.3]: <H1>Backup Server Utilization
 <BR></H1>
 <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>System:</TD><TD>10.18.1.3 </TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Maintainer:</TD><TD>M&T Network Computing</TD></TR>

Unknown SNMP var host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageSize.1
Unknown SNMP var host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageUsed.1

Those are the vars I get when I do an snmpwalk.

I realize there may be some wrong options, but I made the config file myself.  Any suggestion are greatly appreciated!

Paul