[mrtg] Monitoring ATM interface with MRTG

Ibrahim Garbioglu igarbiog at ccac.edu
Fri Jun 30 15:44:50 MEST 2000

Hello,
I've just started to experiment with MRTG and would like to monitor Bay routers, Novell & NT servers and Marconi (formerly known Fore..) Systems' ATM boxes. I was able to correctly monitor the router interfaces (Ethernet and DS1) but having difficulty with ATM equipment. I'm trying to monitor the DS1 line utilization on the ATM switch (asx1000 or tnx 210) but instead getting the ELANs (virtual LANs) through LAN emulation.

I used the cfgmaker to build the configuration file.. Do I need to know what to look for on that interface to create a vendor specific cfg file...? If that is the case, is anybody done that?

Also, is it possible to monitor Novell's GroupWise (message count, etc...) and file servers statistics?

thank you for the help
Ibrahim

igarbiog at ccac.edu