[mrtg] Re: 3620 and modems in use

Congdon, Christopher CCongdon at WorkNET.net
Thu Mar 2 17:06:21 MET 2000

Well, for starters, according to the info I have anything under
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10
(.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoExperiment) is
considered EXPERIMENTAL by Cisco.

ciscoExperiment provides a root object identifier
      from which experimental mibs may be temporarily
      based. mibs are typicially based here if they
      fall in one of two categories
      1) are IETF work-in-process mibs which have not
      been assigned a permanent object identifier by
      the IANA.
      2) are cisco work-in-process which has not been
      assigned a permanent object identifier by the
      cisco assigned number authority, typicially because
      the mib is not ready for deployment.
      NOTE WELL: support for mibs in the ciscoExperiment
      subtree will be deleted when a permanent object
      identifier assignment is made.

This could be one reason. The other reason is that Cisco has made quite a
few changes in SNMP from 11 to 12 IOS.