[mrtg] Newbie Question

Todd Madar madar at eurekabroadband.com
Fri Mar 3 22:52:46 MET 2000

I have recently installed MRTG on a test server and was able to get it to
poll a router on the test network. When I tried to make a config file to
monitor a live router, however I get a SNMP error ( It doesn't seem to find
the router). I can ping the router, so I know it can be seen. The only thing
I can think of is that I am behind a Firewall. Could that be the problem? If
I switch to a public IP address will that solve the problem? I am waiting to
gat a Public IP from my Operations Dept., but if that isn't the problem I
don't want to wait. Thank you for any help.

Todd Madar
Network Planner