[mrtg] Re: rateup fatal error.

laurent.achouche at st.com laurent.achouche at st.com
Tue Mar 7 15:10:45 MET 2000

suresh.dussa at wipro.com wrote:

> I installed mrtg on one of my Solaris server successfully. When I put
> the "mrtg" on a crontab file it gives me the following error. Can anyone
> tell me what could be the problem??
>
> ======= output from crontab========
>
> Your "cron" job on kiso
> /home/sureshd/watchdog/mrtg-2.8.9/run/mrtg
> /home/sureshd/watchdog/mrtg-2.8.9/mrtg.cfg
>
> produced the following output:
>
> ld.so.1: /home/sureshd/watchdog/mrtg-2.8.9/run//rateup: fatal:
> libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
>
> PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 9
>  with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'kiso'
>  code was 9, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
>  you should probably investigate the cause. :-)

I met the same pb, I added /usr/ucblib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to fix this, it works but it breaks other things like 'more' :

> more README.txt
ld.so.1: more: fatal: relocation error: file more: symbol setupterm:
referenced symbol not found
Killed

So this is not a solution.
(when i unsetenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH. 'more' works fine again)
there maybe other pb, 'more' is just an example.