[mrtg] Pipeline 130 Frame Relay monitoring

Chuck Renner crenner at mobileapps.com
Thu Mar 9 17:56:04 MET 2000

We're using a Pipeline 130 to connect to a 256K frame relay.  The
configuration script included with MRTG found all of the available ports.  I
commented out all the ports we aren't using, leaving only the WAN 2 frame
relay interface.

The way things are configured in the Pipeline, you specify a 64K Data
Service under the frame configuration, then specify the number of channels
under the nailed T1 config (in our case 4 channels).

The problem is that the MRTG configuration only reports the WAN 2 interface
to be 8000 bytes/sec, so it's apparently only seeing a single channel of the
frame connection.

I'm pretty new at working with SNMP, so any help anyone can provide would be
greatly appreciated.