[mrtg] Re: Total Memory in Cisco Routers

Marc-Adrian Napoli marcadrian at cia.com.au
Fri Mar 10 00:39:44 MET 2000

Hi there,

> I am trying to find out how much memory our Cisco routers have to use MRTG
> to graph the usage.
>
> Can anyone make sense of this and how this equals 64MB or what?
>
> After doing:  sho processes memory
>
> I get:       Total: 56113184, Used: 42023784, Free: 14089400

Yeah, we worked this one out the other day.

When you do a "show vers" you get a split of processor/IO memory.

If the processor memory is say 64MB.. then expect a "show proc mem" or "show
mem" command to give
you about 10megabytes of useful memory less.

Why?

Because the OS is run out of processor memory. On 2500's it is run out of
flash memory, that's why you'll
get a different result.

Regards,

Marc-Adrian Napoli