[mrtg] Re: Monitoring BW on Cisco PVC's

Tim Connolly tec at mountain.net
Fri Mar 10 22:31:49 MET 2000

    I think I understand what your asking. You can't monitor individual
DLCI's (or I don't know how to) using a single Interface name. However, you
can define sub-interfaces for each DLCI and go that route. I think on the
2501 there is a 6 sub interface limit though.
Here is my MRTG config, and my Cisco router config:

> #---------------------------------------------------------------
> Target[mtnet-fluent.8]: 8:RedWine!@mtnet-fluent
> MaxBytes[mtnet-fluent.8]: 193000
> Title[mtnet-fluent.8]: mtnet-fluent.mountain.net (): Serial0.1
> PageTop[mtnet-fluent.8]:

Cisco:

> interface Serial0.1 point-to-point
>  description Bell Atlantic IPRS backbone
>  ip address 192.168.138.117 255.255.255.252
>  no ip directed-broadcast
>  frame-relay interface-dlci 200
> !

Good luck - Tim

PS: Let me know if this was useful...

Isaac wrote:

> Hello,
>
> MRTG is running great monitoring various Frame Relay PVC's on a
> particular Serial Interface.
>
> My question is how do I adjust the .cfg file in order to reflect the
> fact that certain customers do not have a full T1.  Meaning, some
> customers have 256 Burst / 128K CIR but when the graphs are displayed it
> is showing that they are using such a small percent of their pipe
> because it is for a Full T1.
>
> I would like the graphs to show what % of a 256K PVC they are using or
> what % of a 512K PVC they are using and not what % of the whole Frame T1
> they are coming in on.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> John
>
> --

-- Tim Connolly tec at mountain.net     MountainNet, Inc.
-- Network Engineer                  2816 Cranberry Square
-- (304) 594-9075/fax-9088           Morgantown, WV 26508