[mrtg] Re: Extracting OIDs

Rann Sanders RSanders at totalrenal.com
Tue Mar 14 02:51:38 MET 2000

Brian, I think all you need to do is add an instance.  The OID you've chosen is fine, but by adding a .0 on the end of each of your OIDs it'll probably work.  The final number, though not shown in GetIF, is the instance variable.

Rann

>>> "Brian" <scorp at tmlp.com> 03/10 10:26 AM >>>
> Not sure if I am way off here, but I am monitoring NIC activity,
(ifInOctets
> and IfOutOctets) on an NT server using the normal
ifInOctets.2&IfOutOctets.2
> (.1 is the loopback) against the IP of the server......is this what you
want
> to do ?

I am just in general trying to get any of the OID's working for NT. :) I
just happened to pick that one as an example for the list. I am also at this
point in time trying to get the free megabytes to work also. I can now seem
to get the correct OIDs by walking through them using GetIf, but every time
that I plug them into MRTG I get errors like the ones I posted beforehand.
:-(

Thanks for anything!

Brian Day
Assistant Internet Network Engineer