[mrtg] Re: Anyone monitoring ATM edge devices/uplinks?

prashanth thumbargudi prashanth.thumbar at wipro.com
Tue Mar 14 05:22:37 MET 2000

Hello Dan,
	No need to get the OID for the parameters you had mentioned.
You can do one thing, write a command line application which gives
you the values of the dropped cells or transmitted cells. call this
command line app from the xxx.cfg file , by giving the call to this
app as an option to Target[xxx]: `cmdapp | grep "dropped cells" | awk
'{print $x}'`
I have used in this way and it had worked in graphing.

	As mentioned above use the cmdapp with awk to get the value.
i.e when you run (cmdapp | grep "dropped cells" | awk '{print $x}')
this should return the integer value.

Get back to me if more info is needed.

-Prash