[mrtg] Sv: Cisco Gigabit Ethernet

Nicolai Hanssing nuh at kampsax.dtu.dk
Tue Mar 14 08:12:48 MET 2000

Hmm, I have recently set up MRTG to monitor 2 Cisco Catalyst 6509 Lan
Switches, and cfgmaker works fine with the normal oids. The switches were
both equipped with 3x8 shortwave gigabit fibre ports + 1x48 100 Mbps UTP.

I haven't seen the graphs go over 150 Mbps [test condition], nor will I see
them go any higher in the near future [big-time overkill with gigabit] so Im
not sure how it works if the link is filled up but it dosn't seem to be a
problem with MRTG.

Regards
        Nicolai Hanssing
        FireStorm Systems