[mrtg] Re: graph update

Bradford Woodcock bwoodcoc at bbn.com
Thu Mar 16 00:32:53 MET 2000

>Seems perfectly logical to me, and MRTG is doing the correct thing.
>
>Rgds,
>Darryl

I agree with Darryl and is probably the situation you see. However there is
one other characteristic which may be occuring also. I've noticed on
occasion that the gif's *appear* not to update correctly. This is always
after I've viewed the image and maybe after an auto-refresh. The gif images
do not appear to change. However if you right click over the image and
"View Image". Then right click over the new page's image and "Reload" an
updated graph is shown. In this scenerio the culprit has to do with browser
version and/or settings holding onto a cache of the graph rather than
displaying the updated gif. This happens to me occasionally given I'm
jumping from machine to machine where I don't control the browser settings.
Either try the above sequence or clear the cache completely to guarentee
the current image as a test.

cheers,
brad...