[mrtg] Re: changing y minimum

Ross Wheeler ross at home.albury.net.au
Mon Mar 20 21:49:49 MET 2000

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Saulo de Araujo Pereira wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to the list, but I have been using MRTG for more than
> a year.
>
> My problem now is that I want to monitor things that have small variation
> around 20 (say from 18 -  22, in a year). So if I could change the
> y-axis to show 15 as its lowest value it would be great, because
> the graph would be more meaningful.

Whilst my 'solution' to this is far from elegant, what I did for
monitoring our local main electricity supply at various sites (where it
changes only a few percent from 230V), was to display it with a suppressed
zero - so in my case, I simply subtracted 200 from the voltage (only if it
was >200 of course!) before returning the value to mrtg. So now, a
previously invisible change from 230 to 225V is a quite visible change
from 30 to 25.

Hope this helps.