[mrtg] Re: Disappearing Stats

Ryan Chapman ryan at dewarproperties.com
Wed Mar 22 16:28:19 MET 2000

|it
|seems as if something is resetting the history in the middle of the night,
|but only on those 3 ports. I am also monitoring the CPU usage on these
|machines, and the history is intact on those graphs as well. Any ideas?

I would make sure you have access-lists applied to the snmp service on the
routers and the community name is
not "public".  Lets assume that 192.168.1.1 is the machine that mrtg is
running on.
On the Cisco 2621, make sure something similar to the following is in the
config:

access-list 10 permit host 192.168.1.1
access-list 10 deny any
snmp-server community MySecret rw 10

If that doesn't solve the problem, set up the router to log all snmp traffic
to a syslog daemon to see what's
going on.

Ryan