[mrtg] Multiple OID's and Arithmetic in .cfg files

Ryan Chapman ryan at dewarproperties.com
Thu Mar 23 01:37:55 MET 2000

Hello everyone

I have a question regarding arithmetic and multiple OID's in the Target[]:
field of the .cfg file.

Let's say I have 3 OID's and I want to graph
as the Input: OID_1
as the Output: (OID_2 - OID_3) / 3600

I tried this but mrtg didn't like it....
Target[myTarget]: OID_1&OID_2:public at router - &OID_3:public at router / 3600

If I were to do "OID_1&OID_2:public at router - OID_1&OID_3:public at router /
3600"  wouldn't that cause the Input value to be zero?

Also, does mrtg know to subtract before dividing?  If not, does anyone know
the order of operations?

Thanks.

Ryan