[mrtg] Help: Bay 58K switches?

Eric Sproul esproul at cfw.com
Tue May 2 13:38:38 MEST 2000

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had experience running MRTG against the Bay
(formerly Synoptics) 58000 ethernet switch.  I am trying to do it but
getting spurious results that I can't figure out.  When I do an ordinary
snmpwalk or snmpnetstat I see good data.  But when I run MRTG, it
appears to pick up the same byte count (in the target log file) but from
then on, it flatlines with 0 incoming traffic and outgoing fixed at
750-760 b/s.

If anyone has successfully run this or there are any mods that I need to
make to MRTG itself, please let me know.  I searched the list archives
and found one other post on this topic, but there were no replies.  I
hope someone can help me!  :)

Thanks,
Eric

--
Eric Sproul, CFW-Intelos Network Operations