[mrtg] availability

Tomas Magnusson el97tmn at ing.umu.se
Thu May 4 15:35:46 MEST 2000

HI!!
To whom it may concern (and is of interest to, of course)

I was simply wondering if someone could give me a hint (or perhaps more
than that since I'm not all that clever) on how to measure AVAILABILITY
with MRTG. I know I should use the SysUpTime MIBs but I don't know really
know how to write the config. file.

I am interested in monitoring a server and an accessrouter (it's all part
of a project at work) and their ability to be available. I want to be able
to look at the reports for verification that we're able to maintain 99.5%
availability in our network.
Thanks beforehand
Tomas