[mrtg] Re: Alter MRTG Input/Output graph method

Thomas Brian Granier BrianG at zebec.net
Thu May 4 17:40:30 MEST 2000

I decided to do it this way. I'm keeping the default graphs to graph the
input/output relationships and then I'm creating a second graph defined
as follows:

Target[sum]: /1.2.3.4:public at 1.2.3.4 + -/1.2.3.4:public at 1.2.3.4

Of course I'm setting ABSMax to me EIR and MaxBytes to my CIR.... I'm
going to let this run a little bit and see how it works. Right now it's
only gone through 3 cycles and matching my input/output numbers from the
one graph appears to line up with the sum on the other pretty well.
There are some small discrepancies, but not enough to be concerned with.
Probably mostly due to the fact that the first graph will send out the
request once and the second will send it out twice. So this method will
triple my SNMP packets. I'm going to monitor and see what kind of effect
this has on the network.

T. Brian Granier - WAN Engineer
MCSE, MCP+I, A+, BSEE
Zebec Data Systems