[mrtg] MRTG Help please

James Robertori jimr at watchertech.com
Wed May 10 22:23:17 MEST 2000

Hello MRTG admins:

I am trying to implement MRTG, and am having some difficulty.

I have the graphics page displaying, but there is no data.  Here is a
list of files in the data directory of the web server.  On the webpage,
it indicates that the statistics were last updated moments ago.  I'm
using an Apache Server (but couldn't get the 2 additions working for the
meta refresh in the web server config file)

Can anyone help point me in the right direction.  I have log files with
an appropriate time and date stamp on the file.

As far as the prerequisite packages/programs, I loaded the various ones
from sunfreeware.com excerpt for GD libs.  I worked and worked and got
GD to compile, but I'm not sure I did it correctly.  I think it is
functional since I get the MRTG background file with the graphs, only
there is no data)

I also wonder why I didn't have to start snmpd.  My platform is a Sun
Ultra 10, running 2.7 with a recent recommended patches tarball.

Thanks, and will summarize.

-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other       1487 May 10
14:44 ca-router-day.png
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         39 May 10
14:50
ca-router-day.png.meta
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other       1375 May 10
13:22
ca-router-month.png
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other       1463 May 10
14:31 ca-router-week.png

-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         39 May 10
14:31
ca-router-week.png.meta
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other       1760 May 10
13:22 ca-router-year.png

-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other       7099 May 10
14:50 ca-router.html
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         39 May 10
14:50
ca-router.html.meta
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other      45664 May 10
14:44 ca-router.log
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other      45646 May 10
14:31 ca-router.old
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other       1487 May 10
14:44
internal-router-day.png
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         39 May 10
14:50
internal-router-day.png.meta
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other       1375 May 10
13:22
internal-router-month.png
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other       1463 May 10
14:31
internal-router-week.png
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         39 May 10
14:31
internal-router-week.png.meta
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other       1760 May 10
13:22
internal-router-year.png
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other       7136 May 10
14:50
internal-router.html
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         39 May 10
14:50
internal-router.html.meta
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other      45664 May 10
14:44
internal-router.log
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     other      45646 May 10
14:31
internal-router.old
I was getting this error message, but put an LD_LIBRARY_PATH statement
in.

Your "cron" job on starship
/opt/mrtg-2.8.12/run/mrtg
/opt/mrtg-2.8.12/run/mrtg.cfg

produced the following output:

ld.so.1: /opt/mrtg-2.8.12/run//rateup: fatal:
libpng.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory

PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 9
 with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'ca-router'
 code was 9, retcode was . If this happens all the
time,
 you should probably investigate the cause. :-)

ld.so.1: /opt/mrtg-2.8.12/run//rateup: fatal:
libpng.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory

PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 9
 with Exit Value 0 when doing router
'internal-router'