[mrtg] MRTG processor load

Csaba Kovacs kcs1974 at usa.net
Tue May 16 00:13:18 MEST 2000

Hi!

Coul anyone please tell me how much processing time is involved in generating
the MRTG graphs? Do people in general find it to be fast enough? How many
devices are you generating graphs for every 5 minutes?

I'm running the 5-minute snmp polling for around 100 devices, and the machine
slows down enourmously. The polling doesn't even finish in time for the next
batch of 5-minute graphs to be generated. At the moment there is a delay in
the graphs of up to 2 hrs. The 'last updated' may say 14:00, but the graph
only shows values until 12:00.

I'm running it in Solaris, on a Sun Ultra 80, with 1GB of RAM.

Any ideas how to make it more efficient?

Regards,
Csaba