[mrtg] Re: mrtg/Perl install..

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Wed May 17 17:09:17 MEST 2000

Where are you running perl cfgmaker from?  If the directory where cfgmaker is located is not in your path, you will need to go there.  Typically, when I run cfgmaker, it's something like this, in the directory where mrtg/run is located:

perl cfgmaker public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > ../cfgs/interface.cfg

This creates a config file called interface.cfg in a cfgs directory where all your other cfgs should be.  To simplify things, my file names are actually the alphabetical location for branch connections I am monitoring, like branch_a.cfg instead of interface.cfg.  When I want to add another router to the existing cfg file, I change the ">" to a ">>".

Good luck!  Once you get it working, it is one of the coolest programs out there!

Paul Williamson
M&T Bank Corporation
Manager of EMS

>>> "Febles, Felicia" <ffebles at planergyservices.com> 05/17/00 10:52AM >>>
thank you!!!!
However, I still have a problem. I did download and run the compressed exe
file for ActivePerl 5.6 and it appears to have installed correctly.
But, when I run perl cfgmaker it says: Can't open perl script "cfgmaker": No
such file or directory.
I took all the defaults when I ran Perl. Can you or somebody else help?

I am running Win NT4.0 Service Pack 5. and will be trying to configure
mrtg2.8.12, once I get Perl to work properly.

Felicia