[mrtg] Data collected is out of reality

David Gutiérrez Rueda david at di.uc3m.es
Tue May 23 12:37:38 MEST 2000

Hello,

I've updated MRTG to 2.8.12 + RRD and I'm having problems
with the data MRTG is collecting. Altough MRTG is working fine
with almost every network device (we monitor a lot of switches and routers), some graphs
generated by 14all.cgi show a big line very far from the bandwitdh of the interface.
rrdtool fetch shows ~ 2e+16 bytes for that peaks. I'm still using (in other machine) MRTG
2.2 and the data is correct in that moment. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

David Gutierrez Rueda
Network Administrator
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - Spain