[mrtg] Re: cannot find executable error

"Helmert, Jörg" Joerg.Helmert at Computer-Partner.DE
Tue May 23 13:22:38 MEST 2000

Hi,

from a mail, I posted at 17.05.2000:

<snip>

  Hi,

  other way would be to include the full path:

  perl c:\mrtg\run\cfgmaker public at xxxx > file.cfg

  To start mrtg you have to include the path:
  perl c:\mrtg\run\mrtg c:\mrtg\config\file.cfg

  otherwise you'll get:
  ERROR: Can't find location of mrtg executable

  This is because mrtg calculates the path to rateup
  out of the call you used to start mrtg.
  If you start without path, it will not be able to find
  its binaries (rateup.exe and .pm's).
  At least under WinNT ;-)

  bye,

   Joerg Helmert