[mrtg] Re: AbsMax Setting

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at TO.GD-ES.COM
Tue May 30 16:01:09 MEST 2000

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Calvert, Neil wrote:

> probably the ones where you dont see it, the traffic hasn't gone above the
> MaxBytes setting. You only see the red line if traffic bursts above the
> MaxBytes threshold, at least in my experience.

Its more of a math problem.  From looking at my graphs rather than the code
it appears that the graphs are scaled so the peak volume is displayed at
roughly 90% of the height of the graph.  If the peak traffic volume is
greater than 90% of MaxBytes, you will see the dotted red line; otherwise,
you won't.

Merton Campbell Crockett