[mrtg] Re: monitoring PRI on cisco 3640

Calvert, Neil ncalvert at cabletron.com
Tue May 30 14:57:06 MEST 2000

If you want to graph the TOTAL ISDN traffic then probably the easiest way to
do that is to point MRTG at the physical port that the ISDN PRI is
configured on and pull ifInOctets and ifOutOctets from it. That should give
you the sum of all the traffic going over the port. (Some devices implement
this differently however so be careful that those Mib objects behave in this
way for this device).

If you want to break it down by ISDN channel, you will have to point a MIB
browser (like GetIf) at the device to find out what the interface numbers
are. Most devices with sub-interfacing technology (ISDN, Frame Relay) will
construct the Mib-2/Interfaces tree with all the physical ports and logical
interfaces. You then give the appropriate instance to the OID to allow MRTG
to graph it.

Neil