[mrtg] Alternatives to ifDescr

Vijay Valayatham vvalayatham at unispheresolutions.com
Wed May 31 11:27:19 MEST 2000

Hello,

I'm a new user of MRTG and need some help.

I'm using MRTG to monitor link utilization on a Redstone router but the
output obtained does not indicate the interface slot/port number, only
"Redstone Fast Ethernet" and so on. Upon checking the MIB definitions, it
appears that ifDescr will only output this and I need to use ifName and/or
ifAlias to obtain the slot/port number and the alphanumeric description
associated with that IP interface.

What modifications do I need to do on the cfgmaker and/or mrtg script(s) in
order to obtain the desired output?

Thanks in advance.

- Vijay

-- Type: application/ms-tnef