[mrtg] Need to combine existing logs with old backup

Rune Mossige Rune.Mossige at waii.com
Wed May 31 14:00:07 MEST 2000

I am running mrtg-2.8.9, and have recently suffered from a disk
crash. Once recovered, old mrtg logfiles was gone....Now, some 2-3 weeks
later, I have finally got around to restore the old logfiles from a backup
tape.

I now want to merge these old logfiles with the new data collected over
the last 2-3 weeks.

What is the recommended procedure to do that?

I tried to run the combine_logs.pl script from Matt Petach, but that
caused mrtg to give errors, claiming the logfiles was corrupt....

Any pointers to how to proceed would be appreciated.

(-: Hiroshima 45, Chernobyl 86, Windows 95 :-)
Our ultimate goal is to make overloaded machines appear to be idle.
High performance, High reliability, Low cost -------- Pick any two.