[mrtg] cfgmaker --iftitle option WAS: cfgmaker --descint option

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Wed Nov 1 06:25:54 MET 2000

>I added this patch into cfgmaker and I am still not getting the
>output like
>I need it.  Is there any way that I can have each interface title be the
>description, ie.. "description 1544 Kbit PPP to Dallas, TX"  not
>description "serial 2/0/0/24"  Any help would be grateful.

With the patch, cfgmaker will use *one* of the following for the title. In
order: Name, Type, Description, Number.

Look at an mrtg page to see what values are there. If your device reports
then you can short circuit the patch with --iftitle=descr otherwise you'll
have to put a better interface description on the device itself.

../C