[mrtg] Re: Odd graph dropouts

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Sun Nov 5 01:06:54 MET 2000

Is it possible that your data is going over your MaxBytes?  The graphs don't
really look like that is what the problem is, but I would check just to be
on the safe side.

Or, (this is just a wild guess) is it possible that mrtg is timing out on
one/some of the targets?  Or maybe a counter is rolling over on one of the
targets?  (I'm totally blowing smoke with that one...)

Look at the log files for the individual graphs for the time period in
question and see if the numbers add up to the same as the numbers in the
total.log.  That might help you isolate the problem.

The way I troubleshoot stuff like this is to write a quickie perl script to
grab the raw data (just the numbers, no deltas or anything) at the same
interval as mrtg, let that run for a day, then check the numbers with a
calculator.  But then, I am kind of masochistic.

gabrielle

>         I'm getting some weird results suddenly from a 2.7.4 system.
> I have mrtg monitoring 5 different items (a,b,c,d,e) and its totaled
> on another graph.  The total graph drops often....
>
>         You can see the gifs (Yes, gifs) at :
>
>         http://valhalla.ttsg.com/mrtglist/
<snippage to comply with posting reqs>