[mrtg] FIXED: monitoring traffic in & out of Linux box

Leigh Orf orf at mailbag.com
Mon Nov 6 19:37:42 MET 2000

My strange problem with eth0 reporting different transfer rates than
as seen at the switch disappeared with a kernel upgrade to 2.2.17 and,
more importantly I believe, changing from the 3c90x driver to the 3c59x
driver module for my 3c905C-TX ethernet controller. There was definitely
a problem with the earlier driver reporting transfer rates; other
strange behavior I had been noticing went away with the switchover to
the new driver. So everything jives now.

Leigh Orf