[mrtg] SNMP

Mike Stokes mstokes at oio.net
Tue Nov 7 01:27:52 MET 2000

Hopefully someone can help on this.  I'm ready to give up
and find another program.

Do the SNMP Daemons basically do the same thing? Or
is one more superior than the other?

cmu-snmp ???
ucd-snmp ???

I'm using cmu-snmp and I can't seem to get a Cisco 3661
to work right.  The cfgmaker creates a real nice ****.cfg
file, but when I run the mrtg program, the screen loads up
with all of these errors that  SNMPGET: Failed to reach target:
or SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.10 .  The only one that
it agrees with is the FastEthernet Port.

This Router has 2 IMA groups of 3 Meg each.  The 1st IMA
is a full 3 meg assigned to a PVC and the 2nd 3 meg is
assigned to 11 PVC of various sizes.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

respectively,
Mike Stokes