[mrtg] Re: SNMP

Justin Shore listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Tue Nov 7 07:35:12 MET 2000

Personally I use and recommend UCD-SNMP.  BTW it is now called
NET-SNMP and it available here:

http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/

Can you get *any* snmp info from the device?

snmpwalk device community |less

If so, is the MRTG error consistent or does it only happen
every-so-often, like peak times?  cfgmaker gave you a config that
explicitly listed .10 as an admin/oper up port, right?  snmpwalk it
and make sure it jives.

HTH
   Justin

At 6:27 PM -0600 11/6/00, Mike Stokes wrote:
>Hopefully someone can help on this.  I'm ready to give up
>and find another program.
>
>Do the SNMP Daemons basically do the same thing? Or
>is one more superior than the other?
>
>cmu-snmp ???
>ucd-snmp ???
>
>I'm using cmu-snmp and I can't seem to get a Cisco 3661
>to work right.  The cfgmaker creates a real nice ****.cfg
>file, but when I run the mrtg program, the screen loads up
>with all of these errors that  SNMPGET: Failed to reach target:
>or SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.10 .  The only one that
>it agrees with is the FastEthernet Port.
>
>This Router has 2 IMA groups of 3 Meg each.  The 1st IMA
>is a full 3 meg assigned to a PVC and the 2nd 3 meg is
>assigned to 11 PVC of various sizes.
>
>Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>

>respectively,
>Mike Stokes
>Hardware & Software Maintainer for OIO
>
>--

Justin Shore       K-State Linux Distro Mirror, Sysadmin
macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
<http://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/mirror/rpm2html>
<ftp://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>

*Internet2 Users*
<ftp://quest.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>