[mrtg] merging cfg files w/ 2.9.2

Tue Nov 7 10:58:43 MET 2000

HI all!

I have just upgraded to 2.9.2 from 2.8.12. I used to have multiple cfg
files, one for each router and was executing them via cron every 5 mins.
Now I have daemonized mrtg (which I believe will considerably reduce
CPU usage during execution) for every cfg file, ie I have 9 instances of
mrtg running in daemon mode. This does reduce CPU usage but seems to
gobble up memory instead.

Hence can I run only one instance of mrtg with a single cfg file (all cfg
files appended to one) ?

If yes, Is this advisable ?
If yes, will it take up less memory ?
If yes, then how do I specify different global option like WorkDir for
my different cfg files after being merged into one file as it can be only
defined once per cfg file ?

Thanks in advance...

Rgds,

\\Ritesh