[mrtg] Re: CPU Monitoring

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Tue Nov 7 15:09:37 MET 2000

hmm..

Do you have this? Target[x.x.x.x_cpu]:'/usr/bin/sh /export/home/me/CPUmonScript':public at x.x.x.x ?

If so, there are 2 things here.

First, use ` instead of ' (back-tic, not single quotes)

Also, /usr/bin/sh /export/home/me/CPUmonScript':public at x.x.x.x probably makes no sense

What you probably need to do is run `/usr/bin/sh /export/home/me/CPUmonScript` on the Unix box
and copy the results to the NT machine running MRTG.

I'd suggest (re)reading the help areas on calling a script from mrtg, as the syntax for the Target is wrong

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 01:00:18PM -0000, Nasreddine Tabet-Aoul spake:

> Appreciate any help on this!!!!
>
> I have MRTG running on NT and I need to monitore the CPU of a remote UNIX
> machine (IP address let say x.x.x.x). So I believe we have to use the
> External monitoring script.
>
> I have a shell script 'CPUmonScript' running on the Unix box which I call
> within MRTG with the following  command
>
> Target[x.x.x.x_cpu]:'/usr/bin/sh
> /export/home/me/CPUmonScript':public at x.x.x.x
>
> I have an error message saying data note collected.
>
> Can anyone tell me where I am doing wrong? DO I need the script that parse
> the data in the same location as the MRTG.
>
> Very Confused. APPRECIATE HELP.
>
> Thanks
>
> --

Daniel R. Kilbourne