[mrtg] Re: Monitoring 5G bps network

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Thu Nov 9 14:28:24 MET 2000

Sungchul Park wrote:

> > MRTG is capable of using the 64 bit counters (I am pretty sure) which are
> > available as a different OID in most IOS routers today.
>
> realy? if you are right as you sure, it is good new to me and my customer.
> please let me ask you once more. Could you point me where I can confirm that?
> I mean some kind of document, news group, email list archive or source code.
> I couldn't find any information at WWW and news group.

But be aware that COUNTER64 support i very flaky in Cisco IOS; I have
at least three TAC cases ongoing regarding this in various combinations
of Cisco hardware/software. The most common error is that the 64 bit
counters always returns '0'; ie. they are implemented but not incre-
mented. Very useful.

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway